We believe that successful people make successful businesses, which is why we make every effort to provide our employees with an environment in which they can excel. Our professionals are integral in defining our business – delivering results to our clients and driving our company to success. We make it our job to treat them well.
We recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
Current Positions Available
A claims position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who can deliver total quality claim service to clients in a large independent agency. Must be knowledgeable in insurance coverage forms, possess strong analytical skills, and have the ability to communicate well with both clients and carriers. The individual must work well with others in a team concept environment in addition to working independently and accepting accountability and ownership.
- Takes first notice of loss from clients and/or third-party claimants. Reviews loss details with the applicable policy to ensure coverage is available and forward to carrier accordingly.
- Reviews all new claims and establishes a plan of action to achieve a favorable claim resolution.
- Monitors claims. Provides status reports to clients and keeps Account Executive and Claims Manager informed.
- Advocates, consults and provides coverage advice to clients as appropriate.
- Actively researches and obtains claims data from carriers and challenges adjusters as warranted while advocating the best possible outcome for clients in accordance with service standards,
- 2 or more years of claims experience in an insurance company or third-party administrator. Multi-line experience is desirable, including general liability, work comp, property and auto/transportation.
- Have an understanding of insurance principles.
- Strong customer service focus. Is energetic, action oriented and ready to seize an opportunity. Responds with a sense of urgency as required.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to identify client needs and provide solutions to address those needs.
- A team player who can collaborate and build consensus.
- Ability to set realistic client expectations and deliver in a time-sensitive environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Commercial Lines Account Manager
Vanner Insurance Agency is seeking an ambitious and professional Property and Casualty Account Manager to manage medium to large size commercial accounts. As an account manager, you will support client’s goals and issues and act as the primary contact between clients and insurance carriers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients with clear communication between producers and company personnel.
- Monitor and report performance of client insurance solutions.
- Process policy changes
- Execute the marketing process for some prospective clients and renewals
- Issue binders and certificates of insurance
- Serve as primary contact to resolve issues regarding billing, claims, eligibility and escalated issues
- Analyze and review proposals, provide recommendations to the Sales/Consulting team
- Stay abreast of markets, products, and carrier competitiveness
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with client-facing customer service and/or marketing experience
- In-depth knowledge of insurance brokerage business.
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work well in a team environment and multitask
- Preferred experience working with several insurance carriers
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- P&C (Property & Casualty) license
- Experience with TAM/Applied preferred
- Surveys loss exposure, needs, and possible uninsurable or difficult to designs insurance plans by recommending coverages to clients.
- Creates insurance proposals; makes sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business,
- Completes and submits applications and related documentation to appropriate insurance markets.
- Develops, follows, and completes sales objectives.
- Prepares, requests, and delivers binders to insureds.
- Acknowledges non-standard coverage limitations and binding restrictions to document file and lower errors and omissions exposures.
- Explains coverages and exclusions and documents explanations on automated file for future reference.
- Develops a book of business that is profitable for both the agency and the carriers.
- Identifies insurance prospects and appropriate markets by effectively prequalifying for insurability and quality of risk.
- Provides needed information and clarifications about clients to company personnel, and documents system by transaction date.
- Creates letters to clients offering coverage, share information and advice regarding insurance matters. Uses these to round out accounts fully.
- Reviews existing policy coverages, at least annually, to upgrade accounts and remarket, if necessary.
- Assists service staff to collect client information in preparation of schedules of insurance, summaries, and renewal proposals.
- Reviews appropriate policy change requests and other account activity. Documents automated file as appropriate. Uses each client contact as an opportunity for coverage review and marketing of need covered.
- Recommends and helps insureds carry out loss control programs, independently and with company loss control staff.
- Participate in sales meetings.
- Identifies training needs with assistance from managers.
- Develops a personal improvement plan, and take responsibility for learning and improving technical and sales skills regularly.
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and insurance information from carriers, vendors, publishers, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- College education or equivalent insurance experience.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others, to explain complex issues, to receive and interpret complex information, and to respond appropriately.
- Must have and maintain Life and Health License.
- Full knowledge of insurance products and usages.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists.
- Full knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Ability to generate new business sales, retain existing business, and to close sales in insurance.
- Ability to utilize computer programs and understand functionality.
- Ability to drive a vehicle, visit clients, and make related calls to others.