We believe that successful people make successful businesses, which is why we make every effort to provide our employees with an environment in which they can excel. Our professionals are integral in defining our business – delivering results to our clients and driving our company to success. We make it our job to treat them well.
We recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
Current Positions Available
Vanner Insurance is seeking a hard-working, motivated application to manage the claims auditing and reconciliation process. This client facing position is responsible for bringing assigned complex claims to conclusion.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date electronic data on all claims activities.
- Research reported claims and analyze data to determine if the claim is subject to draft authority.
- Manage difficult claims cases or claims involving coverage concerns with the intent of a quick and fair resolution, often in conjunction with adjusters, attorneys, or another third party.
- Review each account handled for adequate coverage and recommend appropriate coverage to account managers.
- Deal promptly with full disclosure to all carrier personnel and follow-up on behalf of the client.
- Provide regular reviews and reports to management from claims questionnaires and review reserves for accuracy.
- Take on assignments based on department driven needs.
- Work with others to create a streamlined environment in relation to the claim closing process.
- Extend full courtesy and help third parties involved in claims.
- 5+ years of experience in insurance claims
- Carrier and agency experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic knowledge of claims systems with an emphasis in the areas of Workers Compensation, General Liability, and Automobile Coverage
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Hard working, customer-facing, and high energy.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience.
Employee Benefits Account Manager
Deliver expert consultation and outstanding service to Employee Benefits clientele. Responsible for helping clients navigate their benefit needs with short- and long-term solutions through planning, evaluating, implementing and managing employee benefits.
- Conduct meetings for open enrollment, pre-renewal, and quarterly review
- Identify and develop client communication strategy and communication content
- Deploy value-added services such as payroll solutions and bene-admin solutions
- Review and maintain executed contracts, plan documents, summary plan descriptions, business associate agreements and amendments
- Execute the marketing process for some prospective clients and renewals
- Analyze and review proposals, provide recommendations to the Sales/Consulting team
- Stay abreast of markets, products, and carrier competitiveness
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key personnel at TPA’s, carriers and vendors
- Serve as primary contact to resolve issues regarding billing, claims, eligibility and escalated issues
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with client-facing customer service and/or marketing experience
- An in-depth knowledge of the insurance brokerage business; preferably with medical benefit plans, stop loss and ancillary coverages
- Demonstrated skills: problem-solving, sense of urgency, detail-oriented, excellent organizational and time management, follow through and ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; professional presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Life & Health license
Employee Benefits Senior Account Manager
This position serves as the primary contact for clients and is responsible for client satisfaction. This position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service and leadership to accounts as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality.
This role would manage a complex book of business consisting of 100+ employee lives, various funding methods, advanced contract features and structure that requires a higher level of experience and technical expertise.
Renewal & Open Enrollment:
- Acts as a primary contact between client, agency, producer, and carrier for all open enrollment and renewal activities. Manages client and internal team’s expectations and results through communicating, planning, and coordinating tasks and activities. Oversees and submits new business, renewal and implementation paperwork to carrier on behalf of the client.
- Schedule open enrollment meetings with the client
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Order enrollment materials from carriers to be delivered to client prior to OE meeting(s)
- Coordinate any carrier/vendor representation for the meeting(s)
- Creation of client renewal, service and communication timelines
- Ability to lead renewal and claim utilization meetings in absence of Account Executive/Partner
- Large Group Responsibilities (100+): Account Manager responsible for delivering strategic benefit solutions that meet the needs of Vanner’s clients. This includes facilitation of strategic planning meetings, discuss and deliver the client service calendar, assist with compiling and analyzing financial reporting, including renewal projections
- Mid-Year/Renewal Projections
- Funding Analysis/Funding Rate Calculation
- Contribution Strategies
- Assessment of Client Reserves
- Calculate financial impact of plan design modification
Marketing & RFP Creation:
- Request census information from client, gathers contracts, summaries, utilization reporting and other necessary data and reviews with Marketing Analyst. Provides Marketing Analyst with information on strategy for marketing, carriers to market to and remains point person for any marketing or RFP questions throughout the process. Review marketing results with Account Executive/Partner upon completion.
- Reviews renewal list 120 days prior for experience rated clients (100+)
- Reviews renewal list 90 days prior for community rated clients (less than 100)
- Understand and utilize departmental technology including (but not limited to) CRM system, encryption software, email, online cloud based systems, etc. Keep client information, files, and documentation up to date and accurate.
- Maintain accuracy of client plan details, rates, summaries, anniversary dates, contact information and all other pertinent benefit documents
- Maintain client & vendor correspondence in CRM
- Coordination and resolution of issues with all technology platforms Vanner uses
- Communicate with Account Executive/Partner on any client issues or concerns. Meet with existing clients as necessary to maintain the relationship and potential cross-sell opportunities. Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution. Identify problems and develop strategic solutions with the client by incorporating the company’s culture, mission and financial goals into the recommended strategic solution.
- Provide resolution support and oversight to employee issues such as enrollment, billing and escalated claim issues.
- Educate, advise and aid clients on all compliance topics including (but not limited to) ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ACA, and other IRS & DOL regulations.
- Ability to counsel clients on complex compliance questions
Teamwork & Communication:
- Operates with the highest level of integrity. Effectively and consistently communicates with all internal and external clients and stakeholders. Demonstrates a proactive and positive interest in supporting the team for the benefit of the agency and its clients. Takes initiative and works positively toward the team’s success and displays a commitment to professional growth and development; including training and mentoring.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier/vendor relationships
- Provide leadership to the team that promotes teamwork by sharing experiences, assisting others when needed and maintaining a positive & professional attitude.
Other Job Duties:
- Ability to work on additional projects that support the overall development and advancement of the Benefits team.
- Attend carrier/broker meetings to keep up to date on medical, group products and services.
- Holds and maintains NYS Individual Life and Health license. May require licensing in other states.
- Completes continuing educational courses as necessary.
- Perform other tasks on projects as needed/assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and between 4-7 years of experience in employee benefits account management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess professional communication skills necessary to communicate with clients companies and prospects concerning employee benefits lines of coverage
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, responsive and self-motivated
- Team player and task oriented
- Must be a Certified Licensed Broker for Life, Accident & Health insurance. Property & Casualty preferred by not required
- CEBS or other associated benefits designation preferred
- Surveys loss exposure, needs, and possible uninsurable or difficult to designs insurance plans by recommending coverages to clients.
- Creates insurance proposals; makes sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business,
- Completes and submits applications and related documentation to appropriate insurance markets.
- Develops, follows, and completes sales objectives.
- Prepares, requests, and delivers binders to insureds.
- Acknowledges non-standard coverage limitations and binding restrictions to document file and lower errors and omissions exposures.
- Explains coverages and exclusions and documents explanations on automated file for future reference.
- Develops a book of business that is profitable for both the agency and the carriers.
- Identifies insurance prospects and appropriate markets by effectively prequalifying for insurability and quality of risk.
- Provides needed information and clarifications about clients to company personnel, and documents system by transaction date.
- Creates letters to clients offering coverage, share information and advice regarding insurance matters. Uses these to round out accounts fully.
- Reviews existing policy coverages, at least annually, to upgrade accounts and remarket, if necessary.
- Assists service staff to collect client information in preparation of schedules of insurance, summaries, and renewal proposals.
- Reviews appropriate policy change requests and other account activity. Documents automated file as appropriate. Uses each client contact as an opportunity for coverage review and marketing of need covered.
- Recommends and helps insureds carry out loss control programs, independently and with company loss control staff.
- Participate in sales meetings.
- Identifies training needs with assistance from managers.
- Develops a personal improvement plan, and take responsibility for learning and improving technical and sales skills regularly.
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and insurance information from carriers, vendors, publishers, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- College education or equivalent insurance experience.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others, to explain complex issues, to receive and interpret complex information, and to respond appropriately.
- Must have and maintain Life and Health License.
- Full knowledge of insurance products and usages.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists.
- Full knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Ability to generate new business sales, retain existing business, and to close sales in insurance.
- Ability to utilize computer programs and understand functionality.
- Ability to drive a vehicle, visit clients, and make related calls to others.